Siemens Surpresso TK60001 - S20 - Grinds coffee but "no beans" light flashes

• Siemens Surpresso TK60001 - S20 - Grinds coffee but "no beans" light flashes

Hersteller: Siemens | Typ-/Modell: Surpresso TK60001 - S20 | ca. Baujahr: Unbekannt

Hi Guys,

First off, I'm sorry that I must post in English as I don't speak German. I found this forum and it's shop a few weeks ago and I've been translating lots of the forum posts to English. The posts and the technical instructions that this site provides have helped me repair my machine and I'm very happy but I still have a bit of a problem.

My S20 is about 7 years old and I's used several times per day. It's been a great machine. In recent weeks, I've replaced seals, the drainage valve and brewing unit. Prior to this repair, the machine used to sometimes flash the spoon/beans symbol AFTER successfully grinding coffee. When this happens, I just press the cafe button again and it would normally work the next time.

Now this problem seems to be getting worse and sometimes it needs 3 or more presses to get a cup out.

Just to be clear, it always grinds (I can hear it) and I have seen that it grinds a fair amount of coffee when I've had the machine open. I can then hear the motor move as the brewing cycle beings, then it aborts and the spoon symbol starts flashing.

Thing is, when the coffee does come out, it's not 'thin' and the used coffee is properly formed into nice little discs, so I don't think it's the grinder. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Lee.

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN
    • Hello,

if you find a lot of coffee-powder behind the brewing-unit it should
      caused by the microswitches form the disc-cam IN the drive-unit.

When its definitly enough coffee-powder and the machine doesn´t
      recognize this, you have to look for the micro-switch that ist
      pressed by the switching-flag of the brewing-unit-head.

What happens when you turn the rotary-button for coffee-powder-quantity
      to MAX? Is the problem than still the same?

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • Thanks for your reply Blacksheep.

​I also had that thought, so since today only, I've been running the machine with coffee quantity at max. So far, I've not had the problem but the coffee is really strong!

As the problem comes and goes and does not happen every time, I will need to run like this for a couple of days before I can give you a proper answer.

Thanks again for your help.
    • Hello,

if it works with quantity at max reliable, it signifies that the
      volume of the coffee-powder isn´t big enough.
      When the coffee is to strong for you, you could try to
      adjust the fineness of grinding coarser. Thats also makes
      a bigger volume and not necessarily a stronger coffee.

Overall the problem could be caused of worn out grinder if
      it has to do with the coffee-powder-volume. The Grinder
      longs for about 10.000 cups of coffee, than you need
      new parts: komtra.de/kaffeevollautomaten-…ahlkegel-mahlring-v5.html

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
    • Thanks BS.

A little more information. The strength is currently set to 3/4 which is a little strong for my tastes but works say 7/10 times.

When it fails to make a cup, I've checked the coffee that's discarded and it's around about a slightly heaped teaspoon, so possibly a little on the low side?

​I'm happy to replace the grinding discs - I'm assuming the ones you have linked will be compatible with the S20? Could you also please link the microswitches as I would imagine that these are fairly cheap. Postage to the UK is expensive and this will be my 3rd attempt at a fix :)

Many thanks,

Lee.
    • Hallo,

when you turn strength to max the brew-cylinder should be filled about 5/6 to the top with
      coffee-powder if its less than filling 3/4 the grinding discs are used up. The coffee-powder
      should have a fineness like normal granulated suger for home use.

The grinding discs are compatible to your S20 - but your coffee will get stronger than now :)

Microswitches could be two different typs - you must look which are used in YOUR machine.
      komtra.de/kaffeevollautomaten-…/mikroschalter-d-41x.html
      komtra.de/jura-ersatzteile/jur…r/mikroschalter-d45x.html
      Most of the S20 have the D45X but also the D41X could be build in.

BS
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)