Jura Impressa J5 - Drainageventilmagnet click clack

• Jura Impressa J5 - Drainageventilmagnet click clack

Hersteller: Jura | Typ-/Modell: Impressa J5 | ca. Baujahr: Unbekannt

Hi

Excuse me posting here in English, but my German is not good, and this seems to be a very good forum for Jura technical topics. Please reply in German - I can use Google translate to help me!

In my J5 there is recently a click noise coming from the drainage solenoid valve (Drainageventilmagnet). The click noise happens about every 15 to 20 minutes all the time that the machine has power on, even if the display is off and it is on standby. The solenoid is warm to touch, so it is energised all the time.

The machine is working OK, and makes good coffee. There is no obvious other problem apart from the frequent click-clack noise.

Does anyone know why the solenoid is clicking in this way? Is it the valve or an electronic problem in the control circuitry? I would expect that there is no activity when the machine is on standby.

Thanks, Andy

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN
    • Hello,

it could be a problem with the solenoid itsself - then you have to change it.
      It could be a problem with the power board - change the TRIAC and the optocoupler for the solenoid.
      And it coul be an problem with the logic board - than you must give the J5 to the service.

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • Hallo

Ich frage mich, ob das Drainageventil überhaupt als (alleinige) Fehlerursache in Frage kommen kann.

Wenn die Maschine im Standby ist, so dürfte es doch nicht angesteuert werden und somit auch kein Geräusch machen.
      Ein Geräusch bzw. Funktion des Ventils kann doch nur durch Ansteuerung (Stromzufuhr) verursacht werden und somit dürfte der Fehler für das Geräusch in der Ansteuerung zu suchen sein.

Das schließt natürlich nicht aus, dass eventuell auch das Ventil defekt ist, aber als alleinige Fehlerursache kommt es meines Erachtens nicht in Frage

Wolfgang

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Beilngriesfan ()

• Thanks and I'll get out the multimeter and do some electrical checks.
      I did order a new solenoid, but after posting the above message, I had another problem. I recently changed the outlet valve which had a hairline crack (link below). I made about 10 expressos OK, but i could hear that the brew unit was straining, and the coffeee grounds are very wet, as well as the clicking and humming from the drainage valve solenoid.

http://kaffeemaschinen-forum.de/index .php/Thread/6513-Jura-J5-Auslaufventil-leck /

Then the pipe joining the outlet valve burst with a loud noise when under pressure. I guess there was excessive pressure. Is this due to the drainage valve not opening correctly?

I have a photo of the pipe:. flic.kr/p/nQUiQr
      [img]H:\Data\Hardware\JuraImpressaJ5[/img]
      Andy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Qurm ()

• Hello,

I don´t think that the bursting of the pipe has much to do with the straining
      of the brew unit. I also can´t say why your coffeegrounds are so wet - perhaps
      you should make a little youtube video in which we can see the problem.

About the pipe you must know, that the pipes always have to renewed when
      you had opened the hose clamp because of damaging the internal structure
      of the pipe.
      If the pipes are in good condition they can stand the maximal pressure, that
      can occur in the machine, easily.

BS

PS:
      If you have a foto to show please upload here in the forum an not by flic or so.
      Its more reliable that the foto can be seen in the future.
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
    • Hi,

I did replace the solenoid and that appeared to cure the problem with the clicking. I also replaced the brurst hose. After reassembling all I tried to make an espresso and there is only a little water flowing into the brewer. The first time the coffee was dry, and the second time only a small amount of fluid came out.

Is there a common problem after reassembling with new hoses and changing the Auslaufventil? Perhaps fthere is a blockage somewhere or some particles in the fluid system?

Thanks, Andy
    • Hello,

if there is a blockade in the watersystem
      your have to search, find and remove it
      manually - there is normaly no other way.

BS
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)