Siemens TK68E570 Einbau - ERROR 8

• Siemens TK68E570 Einbau - ERROR 8

Hersteller: Siemens | Typ-/Modell: TK68E570 Einbau | ca. Baujahr: Unbekannt

Dear coffee(machine) lovers,

I have a problem with my Siemens TK68E570, it gives an ERROR 8. I hope you can help me fix it.

The last few months the display of the TK68E570 showed "EMPTY TRAYS" increasingly often. Last week, it even displayed "EMPTY TRAYS" when they were already empty.
      After opening the machine, I found that the brewing unit was quite dirty due to residues of coffee dreg, and therefore I decided to clean it. After putting the cleaned brewing unit back in, the TK68E570 worked fine for a day or so.
      However, it quickly started sounding like the brewing unit had difficulties moving. It sounded like the brewing unit got jammed or something. When this occured, no coffee was produced. Instead the grinded coffee that was still dry got in the coffee dreg bin, and the display showed "ERROR 8" .
      When I took out the brewing unit again, I did not see any anomalies. To me, it seemed to be ok mechanically.

The TK68E570 is 6 years old, and has brewed just over 20.000 cups of very nice coffee. Besides the regular cleaning and descaling it never had any maintenance before.

I hope you can help me fix this. Should the brewing unit be lubricated or something, or should it be replaced? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
      MrCoffeeBean

Update: I did not do anything to the machine, but when I gave it another try it worked again fine! I don't know what happened but I am happy again. :)

If someone has any tips on how to maintain the brewing unit in general, they are still very welcome.

PS Sorry for posting in English, but my German skills are not very good..

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von MrCoffeeBean ()

• EMPTY TRAYS (SCHALEN LEEREN)

Here is a small update.
      I am back to square one. My machine again displays "EMPTY TRAYS" (SCHALEN LEEREN) all the time, even when the trays are (almost) empty.
      Is this a known problem, and can it be fixed?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MrCoffeeBean
    • Hello,

the Machine shows "Empty Trays" if electricity is able to flow between the two contact sheets.
      To avoid this its necessary to clean the gap between the two contact sheets very deep.

Sorry for my English...

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • Thanks for your response.

I always keep the area of the contacts sheets clean (and dry). I cleaned it again thoroughly, but the machine keeps saying `EMPTY TRAYS`. Is there an other known cause for this?

How can I open the machine to see if the contact sheet area inside the machine (if you know what I mean) is ok?
    • Hello,

MrCoffeeBean schrieb:

How can I open the machine to see if the contact sheet area inside the machine (if you know what I mean) is ok?
      look here:
      siemens-eshop.com/eshop/siemen…TK68E570%2f02&ESHOPTYPE=A

Page 4, Parts 403.

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • BlackSheep schrieb:

What shows the display when the tray is removed?
      When I remove the tray it just says ´TRAYS MISSING´ (SCHALEN FEHLEN). No clue here, for me at least.

What I do now to make coffee is the following: I take the tray in and out (for 1cm or so) quickly and repeatedly. It is a kind of shaking the tray in and out actually. I simultaneously press the cafe button. After 1 or 2 tries it starts brewing coffee.
      This makes me think something is wrong with the contact tips.
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)