Siemens Surpresso TK54001 - compact - Blinking

• Siemens Surpresso TK54001 - compact - Blinking

Hersteller: Siemens | Typ-/Modell: Surpresso TK54001 - compact | ca. Baujahr: Unbekannt

Hi there,
      First off, I'm so sorry that I don't know German. I really hope you can accept me anyway.

My problem is, I have a Siemens Surpresso TK54001 which started a few months ago blinking as if the brewing module was not inserted. I called Siemens and they told me what the problem was, it was the switch inside that started to give up. Alright, so I went in and replaced it and it worked perfectly since.

Until two weeks ago when I hit another problem. When I either turn power on or insert the power cable into the wall I get; Power button flashes on/off together with the coffee dispenser button. I can't find any troubleshooting info anywhere telling me what this error is and when I called Siemens they just tell me that I need to have it serviced. They refuse to say what the problem is at all.

Also, it was impossible to remove the brewing unit because it had stopped in the middle of it's moving path. (half-way up to the water dispenser).

I figured that perhaps it was the other two switches that senses in what position the the brewing unit is, so I changed those two as well, but still the same error.

Any idea on what it could be? Please help me out, I'm really desperate, but not desperate enough to pay Siemens for something I probably can do myself ;) hehe

Thanks in advance and again, I'm very sorry that I don't speak German! I'm from Sweden :)

// Chris

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN
    • Hi BlackSheep, thank you for your answer!

I got a bit upset that I couldn't get the machine to work so I continued with the machine. I thought I would "trick" the machine into another "error" so I removed the brewing unit and started clicking the switch for it. It worked, I tricked the machine into thinking that, "that" was the error at hand so it stopped blinking the other two lights.

Now the machine comes on and starts to move the brewing unit. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to move it all the way up to where it should move it. Perhaps I have removed too much grease when I disassembled the brewing unit to get it out of the machine in the first place.

But the error right now is that it comes on ok, starts to move the brewing unit, goes about half-way and then goes back and goes to standby mode. The brewing unit makes a little bit different noise, as it's perhaps hard to move, but it does move.

Could it be something "in the way" or what could the error be? I've tried the brewing unit by hand so I know that it goes all the way from start position to brewing position. I couldn't see any broken parts and nothing burned or smelly. So I'm confused :)

Anyway, do you think this could be another error than the control-unit?

Thank you very much for your kind help and time!
    • Hello,

look, that the drive is in the home position.
      Than REPLACE the two microswitches at
      the cam-disk against NEW!!!-ones.
      Perhaps its only a (standard)problem with
      the microswitches.

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • Hi again,
      The drive, which is the brewing unit, correct? It is in the home position. But I'm not sure if I may have screwed up the position of the cam-disk. Do you know in what position that should be in "home" position?

I have replaced all the micro switches in the machine to new ones, as I already have those kind of switches at home.

Do you perhaps have any photo or drawing/exploded view of how the cam-disk and perhaps the white part on the other side of it should be positioned?

As I had to remove all of that to remove the brewing unit in the first place as it was stuck in a middle position, I might have screwed up the position of the wheels.

Thanks very much for your kind help!
    • setoffo schrieb:

Do you perhaps have any photo or drawing/exploded view of how the cam-disk and perhaps the white part on the other side of it should be positioned?

Take the search-function of the forum and look für Microschalter and Kurvenscheibe.
      There should be several threads with pictures of the right position of the cam-disk.

BS

PS:
      Look here: Bosch Kaffee-Vollautomat benvenuto B30 zieht keine Bohnen ein.
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
    • Sorry for bringing back an old topic! Also sorry for not learning German yet :)

Also many, many thanks for the link that describes the correct position of the cam-disk! It did help and saved me lots of troubles :D

Anyhow, I finally started working on the coffee machine again and I've taken apart the whole brewing unit, cleaned it up and greased where there should be grease. It moves and works correctly and when I put the coffee machine together it doesn't give any faults at all.

It even starts brewing and all that!

However, there is still some sort of problem. The three beans are flashing in the display, which according to the manual troubleshooting means that there is not enough beans in the bean holder. That certainly isn't the case as the holder can be full with the same result.

Also, the grinder seems to be working well enough because it can grind enough beans.

The thing that happens now is that it grinds the beans to powder as it should, it then starts the brewing process but somehow stops in the middle of brewing the actual coffee. No coffee liquid comes out through the nozzles in the front of the machine. An idea I have is that it might sense that it can't get the correct pressure built up in the brewing unit? Not sure if it can sense that?

Another idea might be that some tube is clogged and no coffee can run through the tube? I don't think so though because all tubes seems clean and clear.

The coffee powder is half-way wet, not completely like on a working machine, but not completely dry either. Comparing this with another TK54001 that we have at home that has a much worse steaming unit, even though it should be "correct". But the reason for trying to fix this older TK54001 is that it has a much better steaming unit than the newer. But according to Siemens it is correct, but usage shows that it isn't :D No idea what to do there, but thats another story.. hehe

The machine can "clean out" as it does when turning off the machine and such. I can also activate the steam function without any problems.

So the problem right now is that it starts brewing but after a moment when trying to get the warm water into the brewing unit, it stops.

Any suggestions?
    • Did you changed the microswitch yet that is pushed
      by the switching flag from the top of the brewing unit?

Its at the same position as shown in the foto of the
      TK64001.

BS
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)