Jura Giga X3 (G2) - NOT AN ERROR ISSUE

• Jura Giga X3 (G2) - NOT AN ERROR ISSUE

Hersteller: Jura | Typ-/Modell: Giga X3 (G2) GIGA W3 US MODEL | ca. Baujahr: 2018

This concerns the GIGA ceramic grinder I need to do a manual adjustment of the actual grinder to make it grind FINER than it does currently. On the grinder, there is a calibration flag or clip that CAN BE MOVED to make it grind finer or coarser. Ok, I moved this flag so it can grind finer but the JURA machine somehow has to relearn this setting like it relearns brewer position, HOW DOES IT DO THIS AND WHEN? I need it to relearn the physical grinder settings!

Mechanische Kenntnisse vorhanden: JA | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: JA | Messgerät vorhanden: JA
    • The basic setting of the mill on the GIGA can only be carried out using Jura's
      Animation-Software. There is no regular way to do this any other way.

The only “other” way is to outsmart the machine. To do this, you have to remove
      the clip manually and reinsert it further away (from the recess in the light plastic
      frame). Then continue to close the grinder "forcibly" by hand (this can be VERY
      HARD) until the black clip fits exactly into the recess again. It may also be possible
      that the adjustment motor has to be unscrewed at the bottom in order to be able
      to turn it.

Before this activities, the grinder must be set to medium grinding level in the
      programming settings.

Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • Ok! We got the exact answer here, so good of you, now I know!. Since I repair Juras at our shop in California for a fee, I am reluctant to force ANYTHING because if I break something I will be the one to ship it to Jura for 500€ or more which I will need to pay for. What does Jura's animation software permit you to do besides this? Are only authorized sellers of JURA allowed to have it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von MattJura_USA ()

• It should also be made clear that there is a theoretical possibility of fine-tuning the basic settings. BUT the ceramic grinders do not wear in a way that requires fine tuning because the intended distance between the discs does not increase due to wear! If it becomes worn (truncated? don´t know the right word...), the entire grinder must be completely replaced as there are no individual ceramic discs to fit. You can also assume that these will last around 50,000 coffee-cups and that the motor should also be replaced over time.

I also don't have access to the Jura animation software and therefore can't say what you can do with it. There is the possibility of input and output diagnostics, reference evaluations, sometimes firmware updates and also the GIGA setting functions for the grinder - but otherwise???
      And yes, only authorized Jura repair companies (not sellers!) have access to this, as this connects the machine directly to a Jura server - and they allow this only to specially authorized companies.

A few additional information about the basic grinder settings.

The blue adjustment mark in the picture must point exactly to the screw hole (green arrows). In this position, the two ceramic discs are at the correct distance from each other in the basic position. The black clip is inserted exactly like this (red arrow) so that when the grinder is moved with the animation software, the device recognizes where the basic position must be:
      (The black clip is irrelevant for normal machine operation - it is only needed for the animation software to move to the positions; you can only easier see visually whether the mill is in the basic position)

Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)