Jura Giga 5 - Is there more than one Giga 5 revisions?

• They certainly didn't do this specifically to be able to refer to the GIGA-X series for professional applications. If you want this for the office (or wherever) you will have to resort to the much more expensive professional devices. A distribution and sales tactic that is quite common and understandable.

It is also quite common in the automotive industry that vehicles could (theoretically) have more functions if they were only activated by the manufacturer. Nobody gets upset that the cheaper version doesn't also have everything unlocked that the more expensive ones offer! You just have to decide that before you buy...
      With some manufacturers you can sometimes order this for your car for a fee - something that Jura doesn't offer.

In fact, the GIGA 5 has now been on the market for 12 years - an age at which many manufacturers no longer have any replacement parts at all. The GIGA 5 now has two successors that have already integrated the function. Why should anyone at Jura be interested in spicing up this classic-car/Methuselah?
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • I didn't suggest to get it or free, just to get the option and pay for the FW upgrade.
      I can't imagine anyone is dragging the machine to service to get menu changed, most people probably don't even know that it's possible.
      I would gladly use x8c or but it's just too great :(

BS, just discovered another weird thing.
      If I change settings for Ristretto it shows saved in settings but making the drink is stuck on the original factory setting.
      We don't drink Ristretto so wanted to change it to Decaf coffee setting (left grinder only, 135ml, 3 beans)
      Other drinks are adjusted properly.

EDIT:
      Problem solved, powered off the machine, and on next power on changes got applied.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lifeisfun ()

• Spoke too soon, the Resteretto change applied fine for both single and double cup,
      but now I wanted to change Latte Macchiato to decaf (only left grinder) Cappuccino
      and if I do one cup it's working fine but clicking the Latte Macchiato button twice to get
      2 cups the settings override to the factory setting (grinders 50/50 split, milk and so on) .
      Very strange...
    • If this isn't a fundamental software error, then it's a control problem. You won't be able to solve this under any circumstances. In the first case (if there was newer, intact software) you would have to go to the Jura Professional dealer to have a software update done. In the second case, a new motherboard would be required, which would be incredibly expensive.
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • BlackSheep schrieb:

If this isn't a fundamental software error, then it's a control problem. You won't be able to solve this under any circumstances. In the first case (if there was newer, intact software) you would have to go to the Jura Professional dealer to have a software update done. In the second case, a new motherboard would be required, which would be incredibly expensive.
      It's strange, I thought that perhaps quirks in the FW that could be same on other devices.
      I doubt it's the controller board it self.
      This is my machine version
    • BlackSheep schrieb:

Don‘t know and can‘t find out whats the latest
      version for North American machines.

You have to ask a Jura Professional dealer.
      Hehe, that put chuckle on my face! :)
      The service here is pretty much non existent. Arrogant and not helpful at all.
      Only option is to send it in and that is $450+, and from my understanding they will find many things to add every time!

BS, could you do me a favor and try to modify Latte Macchiato settings on your Giga 5 and see if they applied for 2 cup selection?
      I get this problem if I select it pressing the button twice and using the Jog dial menu as well.
      Single cup will be fine with the custom settings but the second you press the button again it will load the default factory setting.
      This is only in the Latte Macchiato setting, all other selections no problem both single or double cup.
    • I did meet another Giga 5 user, and his machine (same fw) has exactly the same bug in the programming.
      To make double cup the default setting is loaded instead of the modified setting.
      Only option to have it fixed would be to send the machine to Toronto to have the fw upgraded.
      This service is not free even when this is clearly manufacturers fault. :cursing:
      Not worth the money since just the 2 way shipping would be $250
      I guess we will have to consider it as a feature from Jura. :S
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)