Nivona NICR 839 - Typ 692 CafeRomatica - No coffe comes out after cleaning

• Nivona NICR 839 - Typ 692 CafeRomatica - No coffe comes out after cleaning

Hersteller: Nivona | Typ-/Modell: NICR 839 - Typ 692 CafeRomatica | ca. Baujahr: 2017

Hi,
      I have previously had a lot of problems with the milk frother, but it runs smoothly now. However, because it seemed like one of the auslauf nozzles was clotted, I had the machine disassembled and replaced some of the hoses to the auslauf from the cheramic valve. Also the one from the brewing unit.
      as I already had the whole machine apart, I chose to take the drainage valve out and clean it properly. I’m pretty confident that everything was put back together as I took it apart.

However, after reassembling, there is no coffee coming out to the auslauf anymore, I can hear it dripping in the bottom dish.

So, what are the most likely causes for this?
      In theory I could have switched the transparent hose from the brewer with the one going to the valve, but I’m pretty sure this is not it.
      should I take the drainage valve apart again and make sure it runs smoothly?

Can I provide images or video of anything to make it clearer?

best regards,
      Carsten

Mechanische Kenntnisse vorhanden: JA | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: JA | Messgerät vorhanden: JA
    • Well, I can show the front of the nivona with no coffee coming out, but that would not help a lot I guess.
      instead I have videoed how the drainage valve is working when producing coffee. I have emptied the bean chamber, therefore no coffee is coming down. But is it can be seen, the water just runs down into the chamber below.

This is the link:
    • First of all, running the machine without brewing unit doesn't make much sense as the whole pressure will build up in the drain valve.

Did you try this before? If so, this might have killed the seals und the DV and that's why it's leaking through the drain line now.

What's about hot water and milk? Are they working properly?
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • No, I haven’t tried this before. So will avoid that in the future.
      I can reseat the brewing unit again but I’m not sure what to film in order to make it more clear what is happening.
      the first time I tested it after reassembling all, the milk production was fine. After that, no coffe was running.
      I can just try to make hot water and milk, and will film that as well.
    • Ok, so I found the culprit.
      The lower part of the drainage valve was not fastened to the metal glider in the little insert. So that was the reason why no coffee was coming out.
      Is that the same as you mentioned? If what is the lip seal ring - just for future knowledge if I ever get such problems again.

So now back to the initial problem - which wasn’t solved by my cleaning and replacement of hoses; I have attached a video of the output. The coffee tastes fine, but it seems only one of the large nozzles is used. The other one where coffee is coming out is the back small nozzle.

Is this correct behavior? Is there a description of the nozzle output somewhere?

Bilder
      • 0CF67685-DC48-4549-9605-D5A772B08E54.jpeg

781,94 kB, 2.100×1.574, 229 mal angesehen
    • Nope, I thought about another reason. The lip seal ring is inside the drain valve housing and must be installed in the correct orientation in order to block the water flow.

But good that you found the root cause.

Ref the uneven flow, the nozzle housing is blocked with old coffee mud so the coffee is coming through the overflow.

Cleaning is most of the times pretty unsuccessful so I would recommend to replace it with a new part unless you have a very powerful ultrasonic cleaner.
    • sb_NUE schrieb:

Nope, I thought about another reason. The lip seal ring is inside the drain valve housing and must be installed in the correct orientation in order to block the water flow.
      I didn’t notice the lip seal ring orientation in the instruction video. Is it the standard red one inside the valve? There’s no orientation to that one I think...?

About the clogged nozzle, pressurized air cannot remove it? Better get a new one then...
    • Lip seal rings always have a orientation as they only block the pressure in one direction.

Forget about compressed air. Won't work.
      Only option is maybe to cut it open then clean and glue it.

But honestly, this effort for a 8 Euro spare part?

Btw, this is how it looks like inside.

INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)