(Gelöst) Nivona CafeRomatica NICR 839 - no milk frother, only steam

• (Gelöst) Nivona CafeRomatica NICR 839 - no milk frother, only steam

Hersteller: Nivona | Typ-/Modell: CafeRomatica NICR 839 | ca. Baujahr: 2017

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in another thread, I have now gotten my hands on a Nivona 839 with a milk frothering problem, just like the 831 I have.
      Actually the very first time I tried, it worked. But now not.

Link to video: youtube.com/watch?v=5QIERSUWOck

As far as I can see, no steam is being let out in the bottom by the Drainage Valve.
      So I have no spare parts to try out with. Would you recommend (like on the 831) to dissasemble the AuslaufVentil (AV) and extend the spring 1-2mm?

If that doesn't work, I will need to order some new spare parts. Can you help me fill out this list of (cheap) parts that could be useful, bearing in mind that shipping costs are high, and better order some things that are not going to be used, than order twice :)
      • New AV
      • Some spare hoses for debugging purposes
      • New drainage valve?
      • O-rings and silicone
      • New milk nozzle at the output
      Anything else?
      Please advise if there are other things that could be tested to.
      @Moreteen - do you still think it could be a tear somewhere?

Mechanische Kenntnisse vorhanden: JA | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: JA | Messgerät vorhanden: JA
    • Ok, first problem: I forgot how the AV was assembled in the machine :S
      Can anyone help? There are two arrows, in and out - I guess the IN arrow must be attached to the heater and according to the hoses the most likely placement is with the valve to the left?
      Actually it was not mounted with any screws. Is that normal?
      Bilder
      • IMG_2738.JPEG

408,04 kB, 1.536×2.048, 179 mal angesehen
      • IMG_2739.JPEG

693,72 kB, 1.536×2.048, 175 mal angesehen
    • Before disassembling anything, I would descale the machine multiple times with a proper descaler.

If the milk system is still not working, then try the milk nozzle from your 831. Not sure if it really fits as the part numbers are different but it's worth a try.
      If it's still not working, take a video with the nozzle removed. Maybe we can see if the amount of steam is sufficient or not.
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • sb_NUE schrieb:

Before disassembling anything, I would descale the machine multiple times with a proper descaler.

If the milk system is still not working, then try the milk nozzle from your 831. Not sure if it really fits as the part numbers are different but it's worth a try.
      If it's still not working, take a video with the nozzle removed. Maybe we can see if the amount of steam is sufficient or not.
      I'll try that when I come home. Looks like it could fit. Thanks for the suggestion.
    • So I tried descaling, and running a milk cleaning program. This didn’t solve the issue.
      As suggested I also tried taking the nozzle from my 831 model. Unfortunately it did not fit. Only the plastic spout, so tried switching those, but didn’t yield better results.
      I made a video of the steam output and compared it to the working steam output from the 831.

The Nivona 839:

The Nivona 831:

The 839 looks rather uneven in the steam (20ml milk, 80ml frother) so my best guess would be the Auslaufventil.
      What do you think?
    • After watching the videos multiple times I agree that they indeed seem to be different.

But I also need to admit that the steam of my 858 looks pretty much the same while the milk is working fine, so I'm not 100 percent convinced that we do have a steam problem here.

Just compare it yourself:
      youtube.com/watch?v=cxkIxBIOVj8

So maybe it's the nozzle or the hose only?
    • If the small hole inside the rubber nozzle was just slightly enlarged, the venturi effect won't be strong enough to generate a sufficient vaccum to suck the milk.

To avoid ordering parts right now, you could swap the steam nozzle connector with the 831 and test again.
      But this will definitely become a bigger exercise.
    • If there was a problem with the rubber steam nozzle, then I would assume that it would never work. But as in the case with the 831, I can actually make it work. This time it worked 4-5 times in a row.
      Video of a working milk cycle:
      media][/media]

After the 5th time it stopped working and began sputtering again. It seems that if it doesn't get a strong enough flow of milk in the beginning, then it doesn't complete ssuccesfully.

Since there is a physical difference of the two nozzles (839 and 831) I won't be able to fit it. I won't mind ordering different minor parts, if that gets us closer to the core of the problem.
    • I meant swapping the whole connector. But if the problem is only intermittent, then it doesn't make sense.

Maybe the rubber nozzle is the issue when it's getting hot after a few cycles? Does it always work when the machine is cold?

How often did you descale already?
    • Ahh you mean the black plastic nozzle behind the frame? I would really like to avoid taking my 831 apart again :)

Yeah, maybe something weird happens when the nozzle gets warm. I will try again a bit later.

I only descaled once - would you recommend multiple times? I'm using Rinza descaler. Could you use ordinary citric acid in a strong concentration, or would you recommend something else?
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)