(Gelöst) Nivona CafeRomatica NICR 831 - no milk frother, only steam

• sb_NUE schrieb:

I can't see any steam escaping through the machine anymore so it definitely seems the AV is the problem.

The spitting is quite normal when you test with water only. Put some drops of dish soap in or test with milk.
      The reason why there is no steam escaping anymore, is because there is no water running to the drainage valve anymore, with the short circuit I would guess.
      But having tried 3 different AV's now, I'm hesitant to say that the issue is the AV...?
    • When there is no milk drawn, it means the steam pressure is not sufficient to create the required vacuum to pull the milk.

I still think, that there is something clogged somewhere down the in path from the AV.
      This would also explain, why the AV is opening and releasing the steam through the drain valve.

Did you check the hose from the 1-in-2 connector to the ceramic valve and also the 1-in-2 connector itself?
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • I took out the 2-in-1 connector from the heater and the hose to the ceramic valve - no clogging or anything.
      After reassembling and attaching the AV again, the problem seems to have gotten worse than before I tried the short circuit test- now there is still not being drawn any milk/water, more like it's only steam coming out now.

There must be something I overlooked - but I really cant figure out what...
      • AV replaced ( with 2 others)
      • Ceramic valve switched with verified working one
      • Drainage valve replaced with new
      • Replaced the rubber nozzle with a new in the front where the milk comes out
      • Checked the hoses from the heater to the ceramic valve
      • Tried blowing air through the red hose to the outlet below the display - there was air coming out just nicely.
      I have only sparsely checked the outlet valves below the display, but I don't think that's the problem, although I'm not ruling anything out right now.
      I feel I'm almost out of components to try out, and just a minute ago I sold my working nivona, so I don't have spare parts to test with anymore.

Is there anything I can do to try more things out, that doesn't require new parts?

I'm afraid the moment when I need to send it in for diagnosis is drawing closer. I would just really like not to do that.
    • I'm slowly running out of ideas as well.

Only remaining ideas would be to disassemble the steam nozzle and verify that it's really clean and the other would be the milk hose itself.
      Did you verify it's intact and doesn't maybe have a tiny hole somewhere?
    • Carstenpanch, could you remove the steam nozzle and do a video of milk delivery? If you use water don`t forgett to add some dish liquid to simulate milk. Then we can see if there is enough steam pressure. Then check the milk hose by blowing really hard into it while the other end is closed. May be you still have the milk hose of the mashine which you sold?
    • Yes i can see they are very different. I will try to investigate more.
      One thing I noticed though, after running a few times with milk and after that with water - if I then did a milk cleaning program, there there was some milk residue coming out - I thought that the milk only ran from the milk hose and out in the glass?
      that leads me to believe that I actually may be something clogging up.
      but the steam is also a problem as I can see...
    • You are right. The milk is just running through the hose into the rubber nozzle and then down to the glass.
      There should definitely be no milk residues inside the machine.

Maybe it's really worth disassembling the steam nozzle completely and clean everything properly.
    • So i tried to disassemble the front where the hoses come out.
      nothing alarming apart from the fact that this is one of the only things I have not tried with new parts. Especially the steam nozzle has a red insert that is partly protruding through the hole. Is that normal - how does yours look?
      Bilder
      • 2BCD36CE-275F-4913-BE2D-B9E3098709ED.jpeg

64,45 kB, 640×480, 183 mal angesehen
      • 289F4425-4B25-4A24-9479-A23AF96B41CE.jpeg

96,04 kB, 640×480, 166 mal angesehen
      • 6E82C647-C839-4300-9822-8A463C3235B0.jpeg

93,65 kB, 640×480, 171 mal angesehen
    • sb_NUE schrieb:

No idea what this red stuff is, but it should not be there.
      Would remove the red hose and clean it.
      I pulled out the red stuff - it was actually red rubber, looking very much like part of the red O ring I showed earlier that had a cut in it.
      it had stuck in the nozzle!!!
      Now the water/milk is being sucked perfectly!

I don’t want to jump to conclusions but I think I found the culprit.

Will send a video in a minute of a (hopefully) fully functional system
      Bilder
      • FE4D19E7-DB86-4956-B30D-E609323E84D8.jpeg

57,24 kB, 640×480, 161 mal angesehen
      • 1C019FC9-A760-4D2C-B1BE-250E9A23019C.jpeg

96,13 kB, 640×480, 158 mal angesehen
    • carstenpanch schrieb:

sb_NUE schrieb:

No idea what this red stuff is, but it should not be there.
      Would remove the red hose and clean it.
      I pulled out the red stuff - it was actually red rubber, looking very much like part of the red O ring I showed earlier that had a cut in it. it had stuck in the nozzle!!!
      Now the water/milk is being sucked perfectly!

I don’t want to jump to conclusions but I think I found the culprit.

Will send a video in a minute of a (hopefully) fully functional system

And? Problem finally fixed?
    • Yes,
      I can finally say - IT WORKS! :)

As you can see here: youtu.be/j3wsgyXIleQ

The reason was the red piece of O-ring rubber getting stuck in the nozzle.
      But now we are still missing the real conclusion:-Was it the O-ring all the time, or was it BOTH the O-ring and the AV? Tough to say, because the piece could have gotten loose while working with the hoses friday.
      Please see my message friday 21:59 - I actually showed an O-ring that was partly torn. I'm pretty sure this was the culprit.

I could switch the AV back to the old one now and recheck the whole thing again - but I'm tired :) after getting this to work I don't think I will bother check before next time I open the machine.

BUT, for others seeking help to the same kind of problem - we shouldn't rule out the AV, but please also check if there are foreign objects in the hose system or stuck in the ceramic valve nozzles.

So I'm glad it now works, but a last question to @Moreteen, would it make sense to replace the ceramic valve as you proposed to try out in your own thread about the milk frothering problem?
      komtra.de/forum/index.php/Thre…Keramikventil-verbessern/

Anyways,
      Thank you all for the help, wouldn't have been able to figure it out without the help. Should I update the thread headline to 'Gelöst'?
    • In the end it could have been both.
      First the faulty AV which you likely fixed with opening, cleaning and stretching the spring.

But then you accidentally produced a new fault with the same symptoms.
      The o-ring was highly likely cut during installation. A piece like this never get loose through wear and tear.

If you are happy with the milk froth now, I would keep the ceramic valve as is.
    • Perhaps the red part of the o-ring first made a
      problem in the AV and then went forward to the
      steam nozzle.
      In one video the AV definitley didn´t close correct.
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • carstenpatch, yes I highly recommend to replace the original air intake nozzle of the KV with the suggested nozzle you mentioned above. I did it and there was a great improvement of the milk foam. One more advice: If you remove a pressure hose from the AV and you want to reinstall it, then put the o-ring onto the pressure hose first!, beforen you reinstall the pressure hose to the AV. Never put the o-ring to the AV first before you install the pressure hose, because if you do so the o-ring might get damaged and cause exactly the proble which you had.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Moreteen ()

INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)