(Gelöst) Nivona CafeRomatica NICR 831 - no milk frother, only steam

• Great news,
      I googled around focusing on the 831 and AuslaufVentil, and stumbled upon this thread:
      ADMIN: Links to the other Forum deleted. Please discribe your Problem by yourself.

Sounds like my exact problem, and as you proposed it could most certainly be the AV. So I just ordered one, then I don't have to take the OK machine apart. In 2-3 days I will build it in.

So grateful for all your help - I will keep you updated on this!!
    • The drain valve has nothing to do with the milk production. It's in open drain position when no coffee is brewed.

If the AV is closing properly, there is no way that steam is escaping into the machine through the drain valve.

Only two things I can imagine:
      First, the new AV is defective. Pretty unlikely but I already had this case in the past.

Second, something in the steam path from the AV to the steam nozzle is clogged so high stream pressure can build up, open the AV and the steam escapes through the drain valve.

You could try to remove the red hose from the ceramic valve and blow into it to see if it's not clogged.

Also close the steam nozzle with your finger and blow into the hose to verify it's not leaking.
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • sb_NUE schrieb:

First, the new AV is defective. Pretty unlikely but I already had this case in the past.

Second, something in the steam path from the AV to the steam nozzle is clogged so high stream pressure can build up, open the AV and the steam escapes through the drain valve.
      I agree - This is exactly what I have written... :thumbup:
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • carstenpanch schrieb:

After replacing the drain valve it sounds like the drive cannot run and gives this error when it starts up.
      Three reasons are possibel:

1. mounting/assembly of the DV is incorrect
      2. mounting/assembly of the Brewing Unit is incorrect
      3. there ist a fault at the electronic or the drive-unit
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
    • BlackSheep schrieb:

carstenpanch schrieb:

After replacing the drain valve it sounds like the drive cannot run and gives this error when it starts up.
      Three reasons are possibel:
      1. mounting/assembly of the DV is incorrect
      2. mounting/assembly of the Brewing Unit is incorrect
      3. there ist a fault at the electronic or the drive-unit
      4. The ring on the shaft, which actuates the drain valve, was assembled in an incorrect position.
      ;)
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • How do i know if it is in neutral?
      can you see that from the position of the wheel with the micro switches?
      For the question about the red hose, there was no clogging inside the hose, the air went through without problems. There was a worn rubber ring at the hose to the heater connection, don’t think that it has anything to do with it.
      Bilder
      • C96B1FB0-1935-41F0-B0E4-657D318A0908.jpeg

123,6 kB, 640×480, 167 mal angesehen
      • 8C2E0960-89F2-4FF2-A0DE-A7FB1E072E99.jpeg

64,7 kB, 640×480, 181 mal angesehen
    • Ok, so fixed the drive.
      I tried switching the AV with the one from the working machine - no success.
      Then I swapped the ceramic valve motor (without the black fitting for the hoses) - STILL not working!?!?

I uploaded a video here: youtu.be/YQbo8g5h2tY

I really cannot think of any more parts to replace. I will as a last shot try the black hose fitting for the ceramic valve, but I'm not optimistic.

Tomorrow I'm selling off the one that works, so that also means that I'm out of test parts to try out with. Running out of time! :(
    • sb_NUE schrieb:

Yes, the drive is in neutral position.
      No it isn´t the 100% netural position - but it should work after assembling.
      The neutral position can be seen here:
      Grundstellung des Antriebs bei einigen Siemens, Bosch, Nivona, Krups und Miele Maschinen.

In the video the AV is not ok!
      And it´s nothing with a possible blockage in the steam-circiut.
      In this case the AV should open suddenly and close after the
      pressure goes under a specific level.
      In your video it remains unclosed and the steam comes out
      without pressure.
      Perhaps there are calc-parts in the AV or ist defective itselv.
      With such a problem preparing of hotmilk or milk-foam isn´t
      possible.
    • To rule out the faucet (AV) you can short ther string after the distributor as shown in the picture below. If your milk delivery works, then the faucet is definitly the reason for your milk delivery problem. I know that you switched the faucet already, but still I would try this.
      Bilder
      • Short.JPG

534,17 kB, 1.000×667, 195 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Moreteen ()

• I'm not 100% sure what the result would be, trying out Moreteen's suggestion, but since I had the other machine, I could try it out since I had the parts.
      The results are linked below. Almost the same, a lot of sputtering of steam and no real flow.

Does that rule out the AV?

youtu.be/YW-5jA-IrPo
      youtu.be/FNKDVEfBknM

I have tried 3 different AV's now - the one it was sold with, a new one, as well as the one in the machine I have that works.
      Bilder
      • IMG_2620.jpeg

473,82 kB, 2.048×1.536, 163 mal angesehen
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)