Jura ENA 5 - Troubleshooting help needed

• Jura ENA 5 - Troubleshooting help needed

Hersteller: Jura | Typ-/Modell: ENA 5 | ca. Baujahr: 2015

Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate if you can help me trouble-shoot the issue that i'm currently having with my Jura ENA5 coffee machine. I don't speak German so my apologies for writing this in English.

Here're description of symptoms that i saw before its failure.
      1. While machine turned on and left on, it released a thick layer of steams through any gaps of machine.
      2. error2 randomly showed up but time to time it functioned normally
      3. when turned on and heating up the unit, it showed error5.
      4. I replaced thermal fuse (blue line) and worked fine for a few cups of coffee.
      5. I replaced temperature sensor, thermal fuse(blue line) and thermal fuse(brown line). (i used fuses made in China, not orignal of Jura.) heating up okay with no error message.
      5. i de-scaled thermal block using Jura de-scale capsules and in the middle of de-scaling, it released a thick steams all over the place.
      • 6. when turned on and heating, it showed error5 again.

so far, i replaced thermal fuses for both blue and brown line (only fuses, not whole parts) and temperature sensor, but still no progress. Anyone experienced same issue and suggestion for solution?

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN
    • Hello!Overall, your approach was not wrong. Fault 2 has at least something to do with the thermal sensor and fault 5 means a short interruption of the heater.Question: Have you ever measured whether the heating gets tension? Is the so-called "Efenlitze" still okay? (does she have passage?)
      In my opinion you should usw a original thermal sensor. It is possible that the electronics of Jura noticed that. Do I understand this correctly, that there still steam comes out? In that case you should definitely search for and fix the cause.
      Best regards Jönne
      Die zehn Gebote Gottes enthalten 279 Wörter, die amerikanische Unabhängigkeitserklärung 300 Wörter, die Verordnung der europäischen Gemeinschaft über den Import von Karamelbonbons aber exakt 25911 Wörter.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von JoenneJuraSchraubaer ()

• Thanks for your advice. i forgot to mention one more thing.

After thermoblock over-temp fuse replaced, (part from the link you showed), it worked fine for a few minute then it shows an error saying "too high temperature"

umm.only thing that i can think of is failing PCB, but it's such a rare case...isn't it?
    • If the eletronic is defect, the heater will heat without
      limitation. This can last a few minutes till the machine
      shows a errormessage and till the EF-Litze burns again.

In the most cases it is caused then by the TRIAC or the
      OPTOCOUPLER on the elektronik remaining to the heater.
      This could evtl. repaired. In the other cases the fault is
      from the ASIC - this only could be fixed by changing the
      complete main-electronic-board.
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • I also think that in this casethe problem comes from the board.As BS has already written, it is then due to the octocoppler and the triacs.

Do you have a way to find out ifit's up to you?If you have to swap the entire motherboard, it will probably be too expensive.Best regards, Jönne
      Die zehn Gebote Gottes enthalten 279 Wörter, die amerikanische Unabhängigkeitserklärung 300 Wörter, die Verordnung der europäischen Gemeinschaft über den Import von Karamelbonbons aber exakt 25911 Wörter.
    • Thanks all. that's exactly what's happening. with all new fuses installed, it shows too high temperature resulting in over-temperature fuse blowing. Then next time it shows error 5 with cold thermometer.

Will take a look if i can replace TRIAC or OPTOCOUPLER for my PCB before i go out for shopping to get new one. :)
    • Look here:
      komtra.de/jura-ersatzteile/jur…tegorie&cat=993&ag=995186
      There you can see which triacs and octocoppler you need.
      I am not sure not at all. With other law machines it is with the symptomatology of the Triac TR4 (heating).
      How with your Ena is, I do not kknow.
      If you are unable to find out whichof the components are defective, I would switch to suspicion.

Best regards
      Jönne
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)