Nivona CafeRomatica NICR 610 - Steam problem

• The steam is not really "stocked". It's produced "just-in-time" by the heater.

When you select steam, the heater is heated up to a higher temperature as for the coffee production and the steam valve indication in the display is flashing. Once the correct temperature is reached, the indication turns to steady on. And when you then you open the steam valve by turning the selector, the pump starts operating and the steam starts flowing.
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • Hello sb_NUE,

I opened the flowmeter, clean it up but the problem still there ;(

At the same time i forgot to mention that the " drip tray" led is always flashing when i turn on the coffee machine, And I have to remove it and put it back. Same thing when i make a coffee, just at the end the led flash again. ( See the link below)

ibb.co/cvoLkz
      Bilder
      • IMG_20180821_080828.jpg

259,69 kB, 1.080×1.436, 145 mal angesehen
      • IMG_20180821_080715.jpg

140,33 kB, 1.080×816, 154 mal angesehen
      • IMG_20180821_080811.jpg

136,8 kB, 1.080×806, 154 mal angesehen
      • IMG_20180821_080735.jpg

107,11 kB, 1.080×787, 150 mal angesehen
    • Unfortunately no, the parts i've changed was brought online in a German store ( i send it to a friend in Italy who send it again to me in Morocco :S ) and here the coffee machine parts, even used, are rare.
      Guess i have to remove it and clean it, is it simple to remove, i've noticed that some electric cables are welded ...
    • There shouldn't be any welded cables.
      There are two connectors at the bottom and the two temperature fuses which can be removed from the heater by just removing the two brackets.
      I would keep the temperature sensor installed and just remove the connector from the PCB.
    • Good morning sb_NUE, i hope you can help with another issue with my nivona 610,
      Today as usual, i turn it on,the coffee machine start the rinsing, and just after that it's turn off automatically ?(
      I restarted it and i heard an unusual sound from the brew unit.
      I tried to clean it up and turn it on the machine but same thing, the machine turn off by it self a few seconds after the start.
    • These type of Nivonas are switching off when the brew unit is removed.

Try the following: Remove the brew unit, push and hold the aft micro switch with your finger or a tool and switch the machine on. The motor will briefly turn in both directions and then the machine should heat up.

If the machine stays on, there is likely a problem with the brew unit.
      Check the little metal flap on the brew unit. Maybe this is the problem.
    • Thank's sb_NUE for the quick response :saint:
      After a several tests, the machine allow me to launch the one cup program, the grinder starts the grind, the brew unit begins the cycle and just after that the machine stops sudenly.
      Now the brew unit is stuck in with grind coffee on it, and i can't remove it, seems like it stuck in the middle of the cycle...
    • Seems it wasn't the best idea to start making a coffee without being sure that the brew unit is ok.

You can try to cycle the machine a few times and hope that the brew unit is moving back to the initial position so that you can remove it.
      Other option would be to apply external power (i.e. 9V battery) to the motor and so drive it back to the initial position manually.

Worst case you need to disassemble the brew unit inside the machine and remove all parts individually.
    • I removed all the parts of the brew unit and like you advise me i followed all the steps and figure out the motor turn too slow, like it hadn't enough power.
      But seems weird to me, yesterday all worked fine.
      Need i to change all the motor or is there a way to fix it ?
      Bilder
      • Screenshot_2018-09-14-21-25-45-113_com.miui.gallery.png

345,54 kB, 1.080×1.252, 165 mal angesehen
    • Just to confirm the problem: Try to move the shaft by hand. Normally the shaft has a slight play and you should be able to rotate it just a little bit by hand.

If it doesn't move at all, the shaft is stuck in the housing. This can be repaired by disassembling the drive completely and reworking the shaft by sanding it down a bit.
      Then the whole gear needs to be cleaned and slightly greased and re-assembled.

If the shaft is free but still turns very slow, then the motor itself is worn out and the whole drive unit needs to be replaced. Or you find a good used motor and replace just the motor.
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)