Melitta Caffeo CI E 970 - 101 - I am having trouble with the Milk heating and Frothing

• Here are some photos of the tube that connects the milk island to the machine. I do not see any defects in the tube or connectors, but it is the original tube that came with the machine. My husband asks what the red and white tubes attached to the Keramikventil do and if those could be causing the spitting of the milk. We did have to take them off and examine them. Is it possible that disturbing those connections is causing the milk to spit? Again, thank you for your thoughts and advice.
      Bilder
      • IMG_4007.JPG

386,26 kB, 1.512×2.016, 3.016 mal angesehen
      • IMG_4010.JPG

588,88 kB, 1.512×2.016, 2.920 mal angesehen
      • IMG_4012.JPG

382,82 kB, 1.512×2.016, 2.953 mal angesehen
      • IMG_4014.JPG

459,35 kB, 1.512×2.016, 2.918 mal angesehen
    • I also think the tube ist ok...
      But newer connectors at the tube have smaller holes.
      How much mm is the hole in the tube-connector. Melitta
      developed an new connector to avoid steam problems.
      Let see through the diameter of the hole whether you
      have the current or an "outdatet" version.

The red tube brings the steam to the steam-spout.
      The white tube brings additional air to the Cappuccinatore
      to make milk-foam from hot-milk.

Spiiting all the time can so not be caused from the white tube
      an spitting only by milk-foam an not by hot-milk can not be
      caused by the red tube.

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • Had a similar issue with a Nivona coffeemaker last week.
      The milk nozzle was only spitting and far away from creating foam or warm milk.

The reason was the Auslaufventil was stuck in open position. This causes the water to drain through the Drainageventil instead of going through the Keramikventil.

Not sure if it is possible on this Melitta, but usually you would remove the cover-plate from the drip tray and select warm milk. If the Auslaufventil is stuck open, you will see water flowing into the drip tray while ideally there should be no water at all being leaked into the tray when milk is produced.
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • I don´t know if it helps by your problem, but the hole in the new
      connectors from Eugster is just under 2mm (perhaps 1,75mm).
      A 2mm drill ist to thick and a 1,5mm drill wobbles in the hole.

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • I have been traveling for work or I would have responded sooner. I do have water in the drip tray during the milk foam making process. I also have ordered an Auslaufventil to see if replaceing that piece will make a difference. I have look at the machine but cannot tell where the Auslaufventil attaches to. Can you give me any information or repair instructions for that part?
    • I'm not really familiar with that type of machine but if you remove the housing on the water tank side, you should see it. It's usually located between the heater and drain valve (Drainageventil).
      Please ensure that all the o-rings are transferred from the old to the new valve in case you don't have ordered new ones.
      Kontakt: sb_NUE ät stephanb.net
    • Thanks to you both! I found the Auslaufventil and the replacement came in the mail yesterday. I did the repair today and I no longer have water in the drip tray when making milk, but the spitting continues. I have ordered new o-rings for the Auslaufventil because they did send those and I am ordering a new hoses for the milk tank and the new part pictured below. Hopefully something will work to fix the spitting of the milk foam

ADMIN:
      I deleted the Picture. Here ist a Link to the shown part:
      komtra.de/melitta-ersatzteile/…-kaffeevollautomaten.html
    • It has took 2 months to get my last order of parts, but I am happy to say that I now have a working machine!!! It is making beautiful milk foam and everything is very very hot. Replacing the Ventilauslauf made a HUGE difference. Milk stopped spitting and it was heating up the milk again. This part was newly redesigned so it looked a bit different than the part we took out. Once we figured out which way to install it the improvement was instant. I want to say thank you for all the advice and help in diagnosing the problem. Thanks so Very Very Much!
      Bilder
      • IMG_4620.JPG

544,91 kB, 2.136×3.144, 2.973 mal angesehen
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)