Melitta Caffeo Gourmet E 965 - 101 - After replacing "Mahlwerk V3 (Mahlkegel + Mahlring)" with this one Mahlwerk V5 (Mahlkegel + Mahlring) coffee is like mud.

• Melitta Caffeo Gourmet E 965 - 101 - After replacing "Mahlwerk V3 (Mahlkegel + Mahlring)" with this one Mahlwerk V5 (Mahlkegel + Mahlring) coffee is like mud.

Hersteller: Melitta | Typ-/Modell: Caffeo Gourmet E 965 - 101 | ca. Baujahr: 2011

Olá to all,

Sorry I have to do this in English. You can answer in German if you want. I can read it, just can't write it without the help of a translator.

My problem:
      I have replaced the original "Mahlwerk" this one...
      Mahlwerk V3 (Mahlkegel + Mahlring) - Melitta Caffeo Gourmet E965-101

with this one...
      Reparaturset für das Mahlwerk V5 (Mahlkegel + Mahlring) - Melitta Caffeo Gourmet E965-101

It was not that hard, easy in fact. Excellent video's by the way!

Reason for the replacement was wear and tear of the original "Mahlwerk". It did not grind the coffee that good anymore.

After I reassembled the machine and tried it out, it did grind the coffee beans but the coffee dripped very slow and just a little bit into the cup. I interrupted the process halfway the 180 ml and took a look at the coffee disposal unit. The used coffee in their was of a very fine grind. I mean so fine that it looked like mud. Before it used to look like a coffee pad and solid somewhat until you touched it. I think that is what is causing the water not to flow better through.

So I tried changing the grind from Very Strong Coffee (my usual setting), to Strong and then Normal. When using the last two positions the coffee did drip through more normal but also very light, I mean watery. The coffee in the disposal unit however remained muddy.

I disassembled "das Mahlwerk" and reassembled it again but still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

José

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN
    • Hello,

you have to adjust the grinder in such way, that the coffee-powder
      has the same finess like "normal household-sugar".
      Then take serveral cups of coffee, that the machine ist able to adjust
      itsself to the new amount of coffee-powder that ist produced from the
      grinder.

If nothing helps try to pair the old "Mahlkegel" with the new "Mahlring"
      evtl. also the the new "Mahlkegel" with the old "Mahlring".

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • BlackSheep schrieb:

Hello,

you have to adjust the grinder in such way, that the coffee-powder
      has the same finess like "normal household-sugar".
      Then take serveral cups of coffee, that the machine ist able to adjust
      itsself to the new amount of coffee-powder that ist produced from the
      grinder.

If nothing helps try to pair the old "Mahlkegel" with the new "Mahlring"
      evtl. also the the new "Mahlkegel" with the old "Mahlring".
      Hi BS,

The only settings I have for adjustment are a slider at the back of the machine. It has very little setting options, like you can slide it two or three notches left or right. Then there are the settings through the menu options they range from "Very mild" to "Very strong". Do these menu settings also adjust the grinder?

I will try to pair the new Mahlring (the old being the problem) with the old Mahlkegel as a last option.

Thanks,

José
    • To adjust the grinder in a greater range you have to
      clip out the black slider-ring from the grinder. Than
      you are able to adjust in a much greater range. After
      adjusting the grinder correct, you mount the slider-ring
      again to the grinder.

BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • OK, I paired the new Mahlring with the old Mahlkegel. Now the very watery "coffee" did go through more but still not enough. I tried like 4 cups hoping it would fix the problem but... when I did cup number 5 water did not come through at all. I waited a bit and was about to cancel the process when I heard a "poef" sound. After this even when using the little coffee opening on top with already grinded coffee this one now also does not pass through any water, not surprising.

So now I'm thinking that it was the "dichtung" of the "Brühkorben" from the "Brühgruppe". Any other tips?

Reagards,
      José
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)